Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Here we go AGAIN!

On September 21, our lives changed again. Marques and I found out we were expecting another bundle of joy. I had been getting negative tests up until this night. I think I took 5 tests before I finally got a a positive. I was 11 days late and about to call the Doctor to request a blood test, since I knew something wasn't right.

This pregnancy has already been very different than my other 2. I had an early ultrasound after I first found out I was pregnant. I was having unusually strong cramping in my abdomen and the nurse suggested we do an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't a tubular pregnancy. From what the tech could see, everything looked good, but I was not as far along as I had thought I was. After meeting with my nurse the following week to go over my medical history, they decided to push my due date back a week. Most people wouldn't be okay with this, but being that this is my third and final pregnancy, I'm hoping that I wont have to be induced this time around.

On top of an early ultrasound, I've also had something I never had while pregnant with my boys, morning sickness. I didn't know a baby could make you feel so miserable. I ended up missing a little bit of work, and stayed on the couch for what felt like days. After an awful weekend of morning sickness, my cousin Melissa gave me her zofran to help with the nausea. I only ended up using it for 2 days before I started to feel better. I joke that the zofran scared my nausea away. Most days are tolerable now, but I still don't feel like myself.

I've since had another ultrasound. This is definitely my "naughty" baby. My appointment last week was the first appointment to listen to baby's heartbeat. The doctor tried to find the heartbeat for about 5 minutes and found nothing. She said everything looked right on track with the pregnancy but wanted to see if I could get in for a quick ultrasound to make sure it really was okay. I sat in the office waiting for the doctor with tears in my eyes. I had been feeling like everything was going fine with the pregnancy, but I was starting to doubt myself. This was also the first heartbeat appointment I had went to alone. Marques has come with me in the past for moral support in case something were to go wrong. They were able to get me in immediately and the ultrasound tech didn't have a problem finding baby or a heartbeat. I was relieved and teary eyed to meet my baby for the first time. I received a call from the Doctor's office today. The Doctor had reviewed the ultrasound and everything looked great. Baby's heart rate was 182, and they are actually moving my due date up another day. So on or around May 26, we will be meeting our little one.

I'm  growing anxious for the next ultrasound around 20 weeks. This will be our last baby, so I'm holding on to hope that we'll finally get our girl. If we don't, I'll be just as happy. I'm sure my house will be complete chaos with 3 boys running around, but we'll manage. Or I'll just move to them all to the basement. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment