Sunday, August 12, 2012

It's a love story, baby just say yes!

Our love story is a bit comical. Marques and I met while shopping at Wal-Mart. His story may  be a little different than mine, but this is how I remember it.

It was a Friday morning, early spring 2005. I was shopping with my mom and my 6 month old cousin, Hunter at Wal-Mart. My mom brought it to my attention that some guy kept peering around the aisles to get a better look at me. (Kind of creepy, right?) I didn't notice him right away. Eventually I wandered off to go look for something, with my little cousin in tow. A few minutes later I was approached by this creeper tall, handsome fella. I wish I could remember the conversation word for word. I believe it started something like this, "Excuse me miss! I just wanted to tell you, you look very nice." I bought it, hook, line and sinker and I was immediately interested in continuing my conversation with him.  We continued to talk for a while. Near the end of our conversation,  I finally had to ask him if he had a phone. Thankfully I am a blunt person because I'm not sure he would have ever asked me for my number.  We had our first date a few days later at TGI Fridays, which is another funny story I'll save for another time. A year later we were engaged, and not even a year after the engagement, we were married. The rest is history. Never in a million years did I think I'd meet my future husband at Wal-Mart.

FYI- He swears he had met other women this way, but I'm not sure I believe him. :)




3 comments: