Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Neglecting my blog already!

I've been MIA for a week or so now. All of the sudden my life seemed extremely busy (I even had a friend email me and ask if I died, due to my lack of Facebook postings). My oldest son, Maliq, was just recently in a 3 week class at the YMCA. I have found a new appreciation for working parents who seem to manage to get their children to practices and games right after work. A couple of days I had to leave work early just so I could get home, let the dog out, run to my mom's house to pick up the boys, and head to the Y. Some nights I left the class early and let my husband deal with it so I could go home and entertain my youngest, who wanted sooooooo badly to be apart of the class at the Y and to make dinner. I don't know how you moms do this with multiple children. I know I wont have a choice in the future but to figure it out, but it's a lot of work. Even though the class was only 3 weeks, I'm sort of relieved to have that over with. However, Maliq keeps asking when he is starting a new class.
I find a lot of joy watching my kids take part in activities. I know my future holds many nights of soccer, basketball, football and anything else they chose to do. Maliq pretty much likes all sports right now. After watching the Olympics he has suddenly taken an interest in diving (off  my couch) and tennis. He's typically into basketball and soccer, but I often hear him talking about playing hockey and golf too. I hope within the next few years he can narrow it down a bit.



3 comments:

  1. Adorable. My oldest, Trent, also took an interest in diving after the Olympics. It was so fun to watch him dive into the water with his hands clasped (similar to what we saw in synchronized diving). It sure does get crazier as they get older, but it is so rewarding to watch them excel,i isn't it. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachel for checking on me. That's what friends are for! ;)

    ReplyDelete